This text start with a customer question:
Question: Can this SMART Key Teach-in work on Mercedes C300 2008 year?
A: Sorry, it cannot. SMART Key Teach-in supports Benz Smart with K-line protocol from 1998~2002.
Smart Key Teach-in Supports ECU TYPE:
When to use Smart Key Teach-in?
Smart Key Teach-In OBDII key device is intended for locksmith workshops, auto services, auto garages.
MB Smart vehicle dongle key programmer only works for Mercedes Smart car model and can only do some of K Line, can not do CAN BUS.
SMART Key Teach In programmer is required when keys are lost, damaged or if additional key is needed.Also, this procedure synchronizes engine ECU with BSI – can be used when changing damaged ECU or BSI with new/used one!
For adapting each remote with Immobilizer / BSI module the following dongle can be used:
1. Turn ignition ON without starting engine (position I).
2. Insert dongle in OBD connector (it is located under steering column, near pedals).
3. The LEDs must lit both, then green must blink few times. If all OK, green LED remains lit and red must be off. If red LED blinks fast, this means an error, you may remove dongle and try again.
4. If red LED is off and green is on, turn OFF the ignition key.
5. Press twice LOCK button on each remote (if 3 button remote used) within 30 sec. Maximum of 4 keys can be programmed.
6. Turn ignition ON again, this completes learning sequence. Remote controls are working only when ignition is OFF, cranking is possible only when vehicle is in UNLOCK-ed state.